Mind-Body Tips To Prevent Colds
Nothing stands more in the way of achieving goals than getting sick. The average American adult, catches two to three colds per year, according to the CDC. There’s no medicine to reduce your risks, but you can take natural steps to boost your immune system and reduce your chances of getting the flu or colds. Each of these tips not only improves your health, but also makes you feel great and is supported by research.
8 MIND AND BODY TIPS TO AVOID THE COLD OR FLU:
1. Give and receive hugs daily (of course, with people who aren’t sick!). Love and social support are great immune boosters.
2. Sit by the fireplace and relax in the evening.
3. Do moderate exercise daily, like a 30-minute brisk walk.
4. Sleep at least 7.5 hours a night consistently.
5. Meditate daily.
6. Practice deep breathing exercises, at least 10 minutes a day.
7. Expose your skin to direct sunlight if possible, at least 10 minutes a day.
8. Enjoy sauna baths of at least two 15-minute sessions weekly or more.
In this video, I discuss these tips in more detail. Use these tips for natural methods to prevent colds and flu:
Or listen to my podcast below.
For more details, read below and check links to research studies. Research geeks like me will love it!
- Hugs. Give and receive hugs and loving support from your family and friends. Social support is critical to our well-being. In this 2016 study, Carnegie Mellon University researchers exposed a group of healthy individuals to germs and measured hugs. Data analysis showed that those who received more hugs…